- 2 Lbs of Cluck Roast, Cubed
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- Oil (Vegetable, Corn or Avocado)
- 2 Lbs of Ground Beef
- 7 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Bottles of Beer
- 14 Ounce Whole Canned Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cumin
- 3 Tablespoons of Masa Harina (Mexican corn flour)
- 3 15-ounce cans of Pinto Beans, Drained/Rinsed
- 3 15-ounce cans of Kidney Beans, Drained/Rinsed
Heat a Dutch Oven over medium heat. Salt and Pepper the Chuck Roast. Oil the Pot and sear the outside of the roast until browned. Remove the Chuck and add the Ground Beef and Garlic, until browned, then add back in the Chuck Roast.
Add Chili Powder, Cumin, Oregano, 2 Tablespoons of Salt, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
Mix the masa with water, forming a paste. Add to the pot with the Pinto Beans and Kidney Beans. Season to taste and simmer for one hour or longer.